This is the very first proper post I will write for this particular blog. Yay! So let us examine what I literally have on my nightstand at this point in time.
- The all-important alarm clock. One of those illuminate one that start to shine like a raising sun. (Except the bulb is broken and I have yet had time to replace it which means I still get woken up by a beep instead of a gentle ray of light…). I am not a morning person…
- My favorite IKEA night stand lamp which is vital as I always have a tendency to read something before I go to sleep.
- A couple of disarrayed necklaces. The ones I forget to take of when going to bed so they end up on a heap instead of hanging off the jewellery tree that I have in the window.
- Ear plugs… for some reason I just cannot sleep without them. It also comes in handy when my cats decide that they want food at 05.30 in the morning and meow insistently.
- My mobile phone. Just in case I just have to check Facebook or Twitter or the weather or… Yes, I am slightly obsessed with my phone. It is totally normal, so they say.
- My Kindle – got it as a gift once as I refused to buy an electronic reader but I have to confess… it is pretty cool. Especially when traveling and in order to get those books that I want NOW (and for a decent price). Currently it holds about 50 books. Mostly urban fantasy, some romance (preferably historic setting) and some comedy (Bridget Jones Diary anyone?).
- I also love a good aul normal book, that I can read cover to cover. There are always a few on my nightstand. Currently I have:
- Clive Barker‘s “Weaveworld” – a fantasy novel which I am re-reading for the second time.
- Kim Harrison‘s “The Hollows Insider” – urban fantasy, part of the “The Hollows” series which I adore.
- Bill Bryson‘s “A short history of nearly everything” – as I harbor a curiosity and love for science and I wish this book would be part of any school curriculum.
- Henri Charriere‘s “Papillon” – re-reading it for the third time now. It is just one of those books and stories that grip me every time.
I think I will go to bed and read a bit now. Perfect way to chill out.