Goodness we are really churning out the posts lately… not. It is a good thing that Christy is keeping an eye on blogging prompts so that we can get some ideas and inspiration. Finding something that we both like and most importantly something that we have time to put together can be quite challenging. Time really is the main issue here… there just is not enough hours in the day.
Therefore this topic is very apt. When trying to find a moment to get things done, then I find that keeping a “to do” list helps.
So for June – here are my ten things to do (amongst other things) in no particular order:
- Try to fit in at least one training session a week down at the club – I really, really need to get going again properly.
- Go to Glendalough and go for a longer hike. – have been thwarted several times due to the weather. Rain go away!
- Get a haircut! The birds are circling above and most likely will mistake my hair for a nest soon…
- Get my car through the NCT (mandatory car test/service) – third time lucky?
- Survive this month in work – last month of the fiscal year. It will be veeeery busy.
- Take up meditation again – started it and then it fizzled out.
- Prepare myself for delivering a presentation in work (I get nervous just thinking about it).
- Finish at least two of the six books that I have started and that are collecting dust on my bed side table.
- Meet up with the girls for a dinner (or two) in town. Or a drink or two…
- Get at least two more blog posts written!
Let’s hope I can get all that sorted in June. Wish me luck. Or maybe it will just be a lot of do-be-do-be-do…
Following an idea from Christy we decided to look at what we would eat if we could eat whatever we wanted without any consequences. I have now been staring at this draft post the last hour and for some reason I am struggling. There are loads of things I could list.. maybe that is the problem, there are TOO many choices!
So instead of looking at main courses (which could take a while) with all from Tacos, steak, BBQ’s … (hmmm I am definitely a carnivore)… I will stick to the best dessert ever. It is the simplest cake in the world to make. Contains more calories than I ever want to know and it is just divine. It is a cake for all the chocaholics out there. There are many variations of this cake out there but they are all called the same thing in Sweden: “Kladdkaka”. Literally translated that means: “Sticky cake”. A friend of mine once named it “Orgasm cake”… she liked the cake, a lot.
The recipe that I use is from a good friend of mine. She gave it to me when we were both 17. I have not deviated from it since, as I could not find anything as simple that is as good. Why mess with perfection?
- 2 eggs
- 3 dl (approx 1.3 cup) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar (or dash vanilla essence drops)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa/cacao powder (preferable dark, organic if possible)
- 100 gram (3.5 ounces) butter
- 1 1/2 dl (approx 0.7 cup) flour (you can add more if you do not want the cake too sticky)
Melt the butter. Briskly whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar together. Add the salt, cacao, melted butter and the flour. Stir everything together.
Grease a baking tin, approx 25 cm in diameter (9-10 in). Pour the mixture into the baking tin. Put into a pre-heated oven (175 degrees C/ 347 F), at the bottom, for about 35-50 min (again depending on how sticky you want it to be).
Once it is done, take out and let it cool down for about 40 min. Serve with ice-cream or whipped cream.